All residents are encouraged to lead an active lifestyle as possible . We encourage and support our residents to continue whatever hobbies and interests they may have before coming in. Under the careful eye of our full time Activities Coordinators, activities both in the home and outside, are designed to suit all tastes and interests.
- Reminiscence Therapy
- Pet Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Doll Therapy
- Massage Therapy
- Exercise and Movement and the Wii
- Flower Arranging
- Bingo, Board and Card Games
- Arts and Crafts (collage, decoupage, painting, card making, knitting and seasonal decorations)
- Poetry and Prose
- Spiritual afternoon
- Live regular music entertainment
- Day Room parties /Concerts
- External Outings to local areas of interest
- Theatre Drama Groups
- Weekly Mass and Oratory that can be visited at any time.
- Daily Newspapers
- Sonas Group and Individual Sessions
- Guest Speakers/ Story Telling
We hold a number of group and individual Sonas sessions weekly. Sonas is a therapeutic communication activity. It was developed by a Sr. Mary Threadgold in 1990. It is focused on stimulation of the senses (hearing, sight, touch, taste & smell). The Sonas sessions provide a relaxing, interactive and happy environment for our residents. They facilitate the potential for communication through stimulating the five senses. Sonas has a large part to play and is a focal point for the activities that are carried out here.